View Single Post

Old 06-07-2021, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisport View Post
I used to have a koi pond in my last house so I have some expensive granite Japanese benches, 4 foot tall pagoda, etc. Are yard ornaments allowed in in a side yard if no one will see it from the front yard? I'm new to the villages and wondering if I can bring these items? I have an end unit (small patio villa) with a bird cage wrapped around the front and side. So these items would go against the wall that no one can see unless they enter my patio. I don't know the rules for garden art and what is accepted. My backyard opens to an open field and a bike path.
You mention moving them. I would photograph them, your proof if they are damaged it was done in transit. Packing it? Hopefully both the benches and the pagoda come apart to make it easier to pack. Insurance from the mover. Check before you decide what to do. I've not checked since we moved roughly 8 years ago. If, I recall the normal insurance is like thirteen cents a 100 pounds. Hum, they damage your bench and you will discover it is insured for something like thirteen cents without you paying for replacement insurance. You may decide to have the mover pack it. You can probably do a better job but they exercise far more care for stuff they have packed as they know they cannot claim it was not properly packed.