View Single Post

Old 06-08-2021, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,393 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philoret View Post
Listing for a particular club in the print version might be missing in a particular week if the club is not meeting that week, as Philosophy Club meets once a month I think. In any event, the Recreation Dept. refers in print to their website complete listing of clubs, but the listing is not classified by subject, making it impractical to discover clubs of interest not in the print version. Some systems request search tag entries of subjects to attach to submissions so they can be found in searches, but this works only for certain types of data, and is more cumbersome than providing a simple conceptual classification by category as in the now reduced print version.

Absence of this tool for finding clubs of interest is denying Villager's access to amenities paid for, being unable to find them, and needs to be corrected.
The Recreation Dept. has shown no interest so far in correcting this problem, referring to text searching their listing as the means supplied, which will not work except for group names already known.
Perhaps I will have to create this listing myself and advertise it here to provide fellow Villagers with the needed service.
I'm not here to defend or argue, I'm just trying to help but apparently I don't understand the problem. What categories that you see in the reduced print version can you not find in the pdf? Seriously, name two so that I can get a better idea of what I am missing.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough