View Single Post

Old 06-09-2021, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Since none of this is conclusive, I consider the jury still out. I know over a dozen folks that have survived Covid. I know of two that did not. Those two definitely have "brain fog and fatigue." It's permanent. Of the dozen in my family that have survived Covid (easier than a common cold) none of them have reported any lasting symptoms or side effects. Of course, they are all younger than 50 yo.
I will NOT encourage my grandchildren or any school age children to get the Covid vaccination. Why? Because even though I got mine (for my spouse) I do not put much confidence in a vaccination where folks do not believe in it enough to quit wearing their masks or associate with those that are maskless, after they have been vaccinated. The second reason for not wishing the children of school age to get the Covid vaccination, is that the virus is very seldom fatal. As a matter of fact, it is less fatal than the Flu to children. Pretty sure of that statement, but I am not an expert. As with anything else posted on here, I have my opinion. How can anyone in good confidence encourage children to get the vaccination when they adamantly state that they will not take a cruise on a cruiseline that will allow unvaccinated to board the ship. If you do not have faith in your vaccination, how can you push children to get it? I keep hearing on here over and over how you are afraid of the maskless, unvaccinated and believe they should be forced to get the vaccination. If you are that scared then why did you get vaccinated? DO you really think that you will catch it?
I don't know about any long term after or lingering effects that covid may present, but if true then it has to be man made and someone needs to pay dearly for causing it. Even if it came from China or in our own backyard. It wouldn't be the first time a major scare came from our Gov. Remember Ft Detrick, MD and the anthrax scare?