View Single Post

Old 06-09-2021, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I have a Yamaha 2015 Fuel injected and a 2014 Carb model, both run excellent. For you owners like me who are new to the Villages.
I could not understand why Owners would go to The Villages Golf Cart Center in Sumter Landing to purchase gas when the prices are higher then most gas stations in the area. Very Simple Answer. They are selling gas with NO ETHANOL. Ethanol will clog up your fuel system especially the older carb models. I think it is worth the slightly higher price for No Ethanol gasoline. Any comments?
Yet another endless debate. Ethanol, in the US comes from corn. It has become a farm subsidy. As a fuel, it is more expensive than gasoline for potential energy. Ethanol actually burns cleaner than gasoline.

As far as gasoline. It is all the same. Actually it all flows through the same pipes. The difference is the detergent package added by the company-the brand. Based on my reading, I do not have any way to test it, Shell and Chevron have the best detergent packages in this area.

People also use their golf carts differently. People who go away for months at a time,
the fuel does go bad over time sitting in the tank.

We use Shell it is up to 10% ethanol at least that is what it says on the pump. Our cart is 9 years old and no problem.