View Single Post

Old 06-10-2021, 06:04 AM

We replaced our old iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6S plus after my iPhone 6 electronically failed, and couldn’t be recovered or factory reset. That was early in the pandemic where there were rumors that large stock of iPhones were being bought by speculators that believed they could sell the iPhones at double or triple the price. At the time, many common items, like yeast for baking was selling for 10 to 15 times the normal price.

We replaced our two iPhones with iPhone 11 Pro Max with the medium storage. There was a significant improvement in performance with the new iPhones, but it was a bit annoying to see the 3.5mm audio connector go away. Using dongle audio adapters is annoying. They alway get lost, so you have to keep spare adapters on hand.

I’d recommend getting the larger screen iPhone version, especially if you have vision problems. It’s also worth the cost to get more than the minimum storage. Otherwise, you’ll have to delete photos to take new photos, if you keep running out of storage space.

It’s very important to get s screen protector and a decent iPhone case to protect your iPhone. I’ve seen many people that carry bare, unprotected iPhones, often times, with cracked screens. A bare iPhone is slippery and easy to drop. It’s also much easier to lose. Also, make sure to activate the “Find My IPhone” app before the iPhone is lost! Also, make sure that the iPhone is backed up daily to the Apple cloud storage using a strong password that you never forget.

When we replaced our two iPhones, the cost was close to $1,500 each, including the Apple Care extended warranty. The extended warranty is very important to protect your expensive iPhone, even if you have a screen protector and case.

Smart cellphones are part of your daily life now. It’s easy to use the iPhone 8 hours a day. Almost none of that time making telephone calls. The iPhone is so much better than the Android cellphone. The iPhone is like a Lexus or high end car. The Android is like a Yugo, or a low end junker car. At some point, you’ll have to bite the bullet, and spend the money on the new iPhone. Get the newest iPhone model to help future proof the iPhone longer. After all, you can’t take the money with you when you die! You might as well get some enjoyment out of your money that you carefully saved during your working years.