View Single Post

Old 06-10-2021, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

I'm a dinosaur. I have an Apple 6s, and I make a phone call maybe once a month if even that. I do read my email on it once in a while (like if I'm on the road), and when asked for my cellphone #, if I give it out, it's with the caveat that I don't usually have my phone on, so good luck.....
I do know, however, that the new 5g phones have tons of stuff, but if you read the fine print when signing up (and I'm sure that EVERYBODY does that), you'll see that you are just about giving up all your private info.
Sure, having the latest in cellphone technology is convenient, but you are leaving yourself and all you hold worthwhile, wide open for theft.
I'll make this prediction: Someday a lot of you will wake up and find your access to your accounts blocked, or if you can access them, you'll find them (bank accounts, etc.) empty. The cyber criminals are out there, and like day traders, are watching the numbers. And when they get those numbers (account holders that they can hack) to where they like, they will hit the "send" key and BOOM....it's all over.
Dig in, fight back, and resist doing things for "convenience". Protect what you have, and don't believe that technology makes you secure.
OK, I'm done.