View Single Post

Old 06-11-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
The 2 passengers were not let back on the ship, they were required to quarantine in St Martin. Wonder how many were in contact with them on the island and the ship and may come down with covid.
EDIT: It looks like the cruise has ended and that's why the passengers are quarantined in St Maarten. They were not removed from the ship or refused reboarding, their cruise had ended.

____

I believe you may be confusing the Caribbean cruise with another in the Mediterranean. I could find no mention of the passengers from the Caribbean cruise being taken off the ship. Further, St Maarten was the starting point for that cruise, not one of the ports of call. All that is mentioned in the articles I could find was that the two passengers have been isolated.

The passengers on the Mediterranean cruise were taken off the ship according to news reports.

But in both cases, the discovery of Covid-positive passengers did not result in a public health emergency, ship-wide quarantines, refusal of docking privileges, or early termination of the cruise.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 06-11-2021 at 09:02 AM.