View Single Post

Old 06-22-2021, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Has anyone sold a house by this method? I'm thinking of using it but I'd like to get the opinions of those who have done it.

Was it easy? Did they walk you through the legal and closing procedures?
Opinion-For Sale by Owner-reason obviously, to save the commission. The buyer shopping For Sale By Owner is doing so to save the same commission. Obviously the buyer and the seller cannot save the same money.

Someone touring your home and says something like who the heck chose that color for the living room. You chose the color and think it is the cat's meow. Would you be offended, have a negative opinion of that person or would you stay on track? Your goal is to sell the house.

There is no shortage of people look at houses to see how yours is decorated or because they have nothing better to do.

My own sister, not in the Villages, tied people up for two months and then discovered she could not get a mortgage to cover it. Her attorney fixed it so the sellers got nothing.
The broker, did not but should have obviously continued to show the property. Like everything else there are brokers worth what you pay them and then there are all the rest.