View Single Post

Old 06-24-2021, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill Meister View Post
DANGER AT THE GATES
You need to be extra cautious going through the gates here in The Villages, especially the gate at Miona Recreation Center at Buena Vista and Bailey Trail. I guess I am just not a very attentive and careful driver. Several times I have come up the resident gate, had the crossing arm raise, go through and almost get hit by a car that came through on the visitors’ side. The gate attendant, I would think, would make certain that only one car at a time went through either of the two gates. But many times, I have approached the gate with no other car behind me, had my crossing arm raise up and, voila, I was almost side swiped by a car on my left. The gate attendant raised the gate either simultaneously with my gate or immediately after my gate started opening. Be very, very careful. I just be the only driver to have this happen or, I am sure that the attendants would have been given specific instructions against this possible, dangerous situation.
Some people are in a hurry and don’t care about you. They are old and don’t have much time left on earth. I agree attendants could use a little more caution, they are making a bad decision.