View Single Post

Old 06-27-2021, 05:53 AM
Default Turnpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
We used the turnpike recently to go to Orlando. It was the first time I used the turnpike in the 30 years I have lived in Florida. I am used to the old fashion "get a ticket" at the start, and then hand it in at the end of your ride, along with your money. However, there were no ticket booths when we got on the turnpike from 301.

Since I was using Google Maps with Siri, for directions, she gave us a wrong direction. Siri said left, my wife said right, but it was too late and I just followed Siri's lead. As I did veer left, I went through what looked like a camera capture lane, and then had to quickly get in my right lane, where there was no camera capture, which was the lane my wife had shouted, for me to take, at the last minute. Then, a mile or two up the road, I paid a toll with cash. I didn't know how they calculated how much I owed, but I figured that maybe they just have toll booths every so often, and that's what you pay. However, now I'm wondering if that camera capture lane, which Siri directed me to, will also send me another bill? And, if they do I guess there is no "Siri" recourse for not having to pay that one? Confused? So am I.
They mail you a bill and it’s pretty expensive. Mine was $10+.