View Single Post

Old 06-27-2021, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Get an uni transponder from Amazon. Works in all states and gets rid of the monthly fee ez pass charges
EZ pass doesn't charge any monthly fee. Neither does SunPass. Both passes work similarly to loaded debit cards. You load money into the account, and it deducts whatever you spend going through tolls. It will also auto-load a minimum amount if you go under that amount.

So if you have it loaded at $20, and you set your minimum to $10, and you go through $11 worth of tolls, it'll automatically reload up to $20 again and charge your credit card for the balance.

If you don't use the pass for a few months, nothing happens at all. Whatever you have loaded onto the pass just sits there waiting for the next time you use it.

My question though, to anyone who might know:

I have the SunPass sticker on my windshield. I got it before EZPass was accepted on all roads in Florida. I ALSO have an EZPass from Delaware or Maryland (I don't remember which at the moment, it's one of them). Both of these have credit on them.

I keep my EZ Pass in the glove compartment since I do most of my driving within Florida.

But if I wanted to use up the credit I have with EZPass, while I'm in Florida, is there a way to do that, while I have that SunPass window sticker transponder?