View Single Post

Old 07-06-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franapn View Post
Hi Nancy,
Im Fran, I am an RN also , single also, and moving to the villages on 9/1. to the village of rio grande. it is 5 minutes from the hospital, i am 62 and may still work although i am not sure. i am going to rent for a year and see where i hang out and then decide if i want to stay in that area or switch to another. it looks like its close to spanish spring square and only 10 minutes from lake sumter. feel free to keep in touch, my email is franhoh@comcast.net. I am from NJ where are you from? I never heard of nurse with a purse did you? LOL. Take care
Fran
Hi Fran!! Yeah, my first TV friend!! Actually I did hear of nurse with a purse when I moved to Nashville from one of my co-workers...apparently some men are the male version of gold diggers and see nurses as a good money target...I dare them to try that with me...my daddy didn't raise a fool and I have a mouse trap waiting for any fella who mistakes my kindness for stupidity sitting poised in that pretty little Nurse's purse of mine!! Seems you are thinking along the same lines as I am as I too plan to rent before I buy so I can get an actual feel for the various villages...I am pretty sure I am fixed on being close to a Town Square but apart from that I am open and I want to downsize...right now I am in a 3 story home on 2 acres in a suburb just outside of Nashville and that is a lot of house to maintain for just one person! Especially if that one person is a retired nurse with a nurse's bad back! Just this forum has been really encouraging seeing people responding with such helpful posts...I think we are making a great decision moving to the Villages! I will keep in touch via email, thank you for providing yours and I will shoot you an email a bit later on...Have a great day!