View Single Post

Old 07-09-2021, 09:17 AM
Default Sakura vs VKI

That’s a great question! I enjoy both of them. Here are my experiences: For a special occasion like a birthday, VKI has a better atmosphere. It is also more expensive. And frankly, the last two recent times I’ve been there, service was not friendly. Our waitress did not crack a smile the entire time. Cocktails are great there though!

Sakura is a special place because the food is quite good, and offers good value. The Bento Box I had there recently (Colony location) for $20 was so fresh and delicious! My beef negamaki was better than VKI’s, and the beef teriyaki was made to order, that’s unusual. Soup and salad came with it as well. Sakura has beer, wine and sake while VKI has a full bar. You can get a bottle of house wine (red and white varietals) for just $20. Colony Sakura is in a strip mall, for me that’s a plus because I can shop at Publix (outlet Bealls also there) as well while I’m there. Hopes this helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
The wife's birthday is coming up and she's been wanting to go to a Japanese restaurant. Which do you prefer, VKI, Sakura or somewhere else?