View Single Post

Old 07-17-2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeaston View Post
My epoxy garage floor "up north" served well for a number of years, but not gracefully. It lost its sheen within a couple of years and never was very good at repelling stains.

I wanted something more durable here and with some research discovered polyaspartic coating, a compound much more durable than epoxy. The material is available under the brand name "Liquid Floors," and as expected is more expensive. The typical Liquid Floors installation starts with a base coat upon which a layer of decorative flakes is applied, and ends with a clear top layer that is super tough. Installation usually takes a day, followed by 2 days of not parking on it. See the Liquid Floors site for a full description.

Liquid Floors is a brand name used by many local affiliates who do the installation work. I have had excellent results from a local Liquid Floors installer based nearby in Inverness. If you are interested in something more durable than epoxy, talk with Liquid Floors Amy at 352-518-0855.

No, I receive no commission or referral compensation for this suggestion.

...and, as other suggest, when applied to a Lanai floor, a little bit of extra grit is good.
I second everything said here about Liquid Floors...and Amy! Extremely professional and the end result was exceptional. I had them do my garage and birdcage floors over a year ago. Each looks brand new. More expensive than most, but well worth it!