View Single Post

Old 07-20-2021, 05:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
Hello -
After delaying for as long as I can, ( I've been 52 for a while), I'll be turning 65 in a few months and seeking guidance on the best possible medical insurance plan used by fellow Villagers without factoring-in cost.

My COBRA ends when I turn 65 and I am seeking a similar medical insurance plan comparable to my COBRA plan which essentially covered everything including prescription drugs, treatment from almost any physician with minimal out of pocket cost.

Thanks for your help.
I would stay with the Traditional Medigap Plan, if you are healthy go with Plan N United Health Care carry it. There is a premium but it lower then most. With this plan you pay a once a year Part B deductible and a co-pay to each dr visit $20 or under. If you go to the emergency room there is a co-pay of $50 and if you have a hospital stay Medicare and the insurance company pay the cost you have $.00 out of pocket. For you RX you will have to pick a plan right for you and if you go to Medicare.gov website you can put you meds in and it will pull up all the plans available to you and the cost and co-pays.
With Traditional Medigap plans there is no network to worry about. NO you will not be able to go to The Villages Health Care but so what I hear to many complaints anyways.
Hope this helps
Plan N really is a good plan