Thread: Wedding gift?
View Single Post

Old 07-23-2021, 06:01 AM
Veteran member

Kristoff congratulations to the couple I guess no one else has said yet. The answer that most newspaper column this will give, is that what you give what you feel is in your heart. Honestly if you think back to your wedding do you remember what everyone gave you 40 or 50 years later? However I guarantee that the parents and the in-laws will ask how much did so-and-so give and how much did so-and-so give and no one will think what it cost you to attend. However if you can afford $4,000 to go out there and be with them and celebrate yes I know it's a lot to go somewhere but my 40 year old child will spend $1,000 to visit a friend to celebrate a birthday please keep that in mind. You should also realize what what it cost to make a wedding easily 200 or $300 per person so with that in mind I would say in four hundred or $500 and don't think about the money so much as it's a one-time expense of life. If the $4,000 is too much money and figure out another way of going that would be cheaper or maybe a lesser Hotel you can get a timeshare or not stay at the wedding Hotel. Just to make you feel well we have going to Palm Springs for one daughter's wedding and we went to Germany for a nephew's wedding I know me too ouch