View Single Post

Old 07-23-2021, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
Youtube has tons of videos. I found one on regular physical therapy (Bob & Brad) exercises I found helpful for my shoulder. Watching that lead to a recommendation of a video on advanced soft tissue release which lead me to visit a local Myofascial Release therapist. I found some relief with one visit. I was also recommended a video for neck pain using the feldenkrais method. One feldenkrais exercise for 20 seconds each shoulder took my neck pain away - I was very surprised. TENS machines can be easily purchased, are reasonably priced, and can interrupt pain signals - helped me through an issue recently. There are ancient Chinese practices which I have witnessed working for some people like Meridian tapping and there is also Japanese Reiki. Keep watching and trying different things. Best wishes and be well!
You shouldn't use a TENs machine on the neck or shoulders (or eyes, genitals, over your heart, or on your scalp), and shouldn't use it at all if you have had cancer within the last five years. I used one when I had a broken arm and it seems to have helped a bit. Hard to tell though, if it was the machine, or if I would've healed fairly quickly anyway. It didn't hurt, and insurance covered it at the time though.