View Single Post

Old 07-25-2021, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm older and I'm fine with people who have the opportunity to express themselves peacefully to show their disapproval with a specific aspect of life, doing so.

If that means taking a knee, or refusing to put your hand over your heart, or not singing when everyone else sings, or NOT kneeling when everyone else does, I'm good with it.

As long as they're doing it peacefully, and not interfering with anyone else's right to express themselves. If someone tried pulling the flag down, then I'd have a problem with it. If someone tried putting their hand over someone else's mouth to prevent them from singing, I'd have a problem with it. If someone switched out the music and played something other than the anthem, or turned the speakers off, I'd have a problem with it.

But kneeling? Not a problem. That's what makes America great. That people died for our RIGHT to do these things. If you have a problem with our right to express ourselves peacefully, then move to a country where you're not allowed to do that.
Very well said, as usual.