Thread: insects
View Single Post

Old 07-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I like them, at least the idea of pest control. Massey does come out and talk any time I call them. But … my problem is after they do a treatment I still have a lot of bugs - many kinds, crawling, flying, outside the home but not inside. I am at Mallory not near ponds or preserves either. When I do a treatment there is much fewer. And I am a total newbie.
As far as reputation goes, they have to earn it first.
When we first moved into our place there were a fair amount of critters: some cockroaches, rather large snails in the mornings in the lanai, some small black flies, etc. Also heard the scampering of little feet every now and again in the attic. We arranged a full-service annual contract with Florida Pest Control and they are as good as their word: bugs and snails totally gone except for three dead cockroaches I found in the garage about a week after I retained them, no more attic noises, etc. The odd lizard manages to make it into the lanai but that just keeps the cat entertained. Plus they respond quickly when we do call them (which is not often), and they keep the lawn fertilized, weeds sprayed, etc.

Not having experience with Florida pests before this I did not know what to expect. But I have absolutely no quarrel with Florida Pest Control. I'll be renewing with them when the time comes this fall.