Thread: Solar house
View Single Post

Old 07-26-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendog3 View Post
Thank you for buying your electricity from me.

On sunny days like today, my solar house makes more electricity than I need to cool it. So the electricity company buys my excess electricity and resells it to you.

I have no great-grandchildren yet, but if I did, they would thank you too because they will have to live on the planet we leave to them. If you have children and grandchildren, you might think of converting to solar. It costs almost nothing as the bill on the solar loan is about the same as the bill to the electric company would be. And every month, the solar company sends a report showing how many tons of carbon my house has offset.

If humanity is to thrive, we will have to defeat global temperature rise, and we Floridians have a unique opportunity to make a significant impact with minimum sacrifice.

If someone from The Villages LLC reads this, I hope they will consider making solar an option for all new construction – residential and commercial.
Add in the energy needed to mine the raw materials + energy to build and transport them + toxic chemical landfill waste + no financial return less than 7 years or when the panels are worn out unless gov subsidized.
No thanks