View Single Post

Old 07-26-2021, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BekaJayne View Post
Good morning, all.
I haven't been on TOTV for some time. I remember there being a few really good geeks on here that offered IT services, help, and advice. Now, I am unable to find anything. Has everyone folded to using The Geek Squad or other businesses not advertised here?
I have an older (8 yrs old maybe?) HP all-in-one Envy 23 computer that Best Buy has basically told me to "give it up and buy a new one." I did order a new one; however, I am concerned that I am unable to fix what once was a perfectly good desktop.
When my new all-in-one arrives, I have to take back the old one so they can read the drive to save data I had put on there oh-so-long-ago.
Is anyone out there that can expound on this? Older computers can no longer be upgraded and made "somewhat like new" anymore?

Any thoughts, advice appreciated! Thank you!

BekaJayne
I have all my files I want to save saved. When computer goes. I take it apart and smash the hard drive disk, and memory chips. IMO if computer over 5 years only not worth it to try to revive it. I still have old windows 98 computer I refuse to give up for the games.