View Single Post

Old 07-26-2021, 09:20 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
No. It was bad enough when it was mostly track and field and swimming, but now that it includes things like BMX biking, skateboarding, Tai Kwon Do (whatever that is), weightlifting and volleyball, just to mention a few boring spectator sports, I'm out. Plus, who decided to include team sports in the Olympics. Just dumb.

Agree re some sports now in Olympics. And for the life of me I cannot understand how "PRO players" are included, esp in teams - such as NBA players. Perhaps other nations "cheat etc", but still.

I have DVRd everything on all NBC channels - I can then select the ones I want to see, fastforward thru, or completely delete. I did enjoy the Triathalon. I Ffwd thru softball, until I see runs scored, then backtrack and watch - same in soccer. As for the Talking Heads et al - all the pre-production stuff from NBC would be a total bore, I've seen the stories in previous Olympics...yawn. Nope.

And now the news that Japan/Tokyo may get hit with a tropical storm... yikes. What else...Locusts or earthquake or...