View Single Post

Old 07-26-2021, 09:59 AM
Default Traditionally composed of amateur players, the U.S. dominated the first decades of in

[QUOTE=DeanFL;1978600].

Agree re some sports now in Olympics. And for the life of me I cannot understand how "PRO players" are included, esp in teams - such as NBA players. Perhaps other nations "cheat etc", but still.

I have DVRd everything on all NBC channels - I can then select the ones I want to see, fastforward thru, or completely delete. I did enjoy the Triathalon. I Ffwd thru softball, until I see runs scored, then backtrack and watch - same in soccer. As for the Talking Heads et al - all the pre-production stuff from NBC would be a total bore, I've seen the stories in previous Olympics...yawn. Nope.

And now the news that Japan/Tokyo may get hit with a tropical storm... yikes. What else...Locusts or earthquake or...
. Traditionally composed of amateur players, the U.S. dominated the first decades of international basketball, winning a record seven consecutive Olympic gold medals. However, by the end of the 1980s, American amateurs were no longer competitive against seasoned professionals from the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia.[3][4][5]

In 1989, FIBA modified its rules and allowed USA Basketball to field teams with National Basketball Association players. The first such team, known as the "Dream Team", won the gold medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, being superior in all matches.[6][7] With the introduction of NBA players, the team was able to spark a second run of dominance in the 1990s.