View Single Post

Old 07-27-2021, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp11364 View Post
Hi everyone,

Pre-planning my move to TV. Has anyone recently used this service? This is a "package deal" with realtors on both ends and movers as well. I'm very interested in hearing about the moving companies selected and how the move went. I really want to use a particular realtor up here in NYC and I'm waiting to hear if they are one of their "selected" realtors.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
An interesting approach but totally foreign to my view. Sort of like a mail order bride.
The trip from NYC to the Villages is fairly easy and compared to the price of a house very little cost. A realtor is another name for a sales person. They will sell the pluses of what they are trying to sell and will not mention any minuses.

Having the mover pack? I did my own packing. I photoed every item put into the box.
Your valuable glass, whatever, packer it was chipped when I packed it. Gold, whatever, we never saw that. I too am an ex-New Yorker. Perhaps, far less trusting.

Aside, many years ago, I did concealed shortages on expensive stuff. Everyone of my boxes was not only sealed with packing tape, they were glued. There is no way as it typically done they could cut the bottom of a box and reseal it.