View Single Post

Old 07-28-2021, 07:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It just seems simple to me. If you want to use your golf cart to travel everywhere in The Villages than don't have it "lifted".

I jumped the gun. Yes I did.

I did expect sometime in the future that those with lifted carts would be campaigning to have tunnels fit their higher vehicle.

And I still say....to all newbies....

Live here awhile and see how well this whole place works. It is really is well thought out and well run.

I can see people giving someone a second look if they have a golf cart that looks like a fire truck or a Dewars refilling station, but no one really is gonna give a wolf whistle to a little higher cart.

We really are old and silly to keep talking about this. I am, anyway.
I've been visiting TV for over 15 years, and one of the first things I ever noticed about it was how many people have modified the simple golf cart to give it a unique look. Modifying the golf cart IS a part of TV culture.
Me, personally, mine is about as vanilla vanilla as you can get. A couple of stickers relative to places I'm from, or have been, mostly so I can find my green cart among the other 10,000 similarly colored carts. But I certainly enjoy what others have done to theirs. It's not unusual for me to snap a picture and send it out to family members who don't live here.