View Single Post

Old 07-28-2021, 08:38 AM
Default Who are the Naughty antivaxxer refusenicks?

Lots of accusations flying around about this, apparently not based on actual facts.

Lets look at the data by race, from KFF (Kaiser)

kff1-jpg

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity | KFF

So looks like Blacks and hispanics are lagging behind asians and whites. Is this because they are poor and lack access or maybe they watch a certain news network?

Here is a vaccine locator at vaccines.gov. There are 50 locations where I can get a free covid shot within 15 miles of my home in rural Ocala. Put any zip code into the the locator and I doubt you'll find many places where there is not free vaccine available with 30 minutes of your home.

Vaccines.gov - Search for COVID-19 vaccine locations

There are some people who just plain refuse to get the jab? First of all, you have a very large group of people who have already had covid. Over 34 million cases in the USA so far, plus probably millions more who were asymptomatic and never tested. That's a very large group of people who already have immunity, and some recent studies show that natural immunity resulted in 33% lower infections.

Effectiveness of the BNT162b2 vaccine in preventing COVID-19 in the working age population – first results from a cohort study in Southern Sweden | medRxiv

People under 40 with no serious health problems represent a very small percentage of total covid deaths and are more likely to die from pneumonia or the flu.

Provisional COVID-19 Deaths by Sex and Age | Data | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Recently the heads of CDC, NIH, and FDA were asked what percentage of their employees were vaccinated and the answer was about 60% There are reports that 20-40% of hospital workers are not vaccinated. These people are probably more educated on disease and vaccinations than your average American.

People in The Villages who are mostly over 65, are obese/diabetic/heart problems etc are rightfully scared of this disease and get the jab as soon as possible. But you might want to step out of the bubble and consider things from another perspective.

If you are one of the millions who have already had covid, or are young and healthy, you might decline the vaccine, and have valid reasons for that decision. Recent reports are showing that the vaccines are not as effective against Delta variant and can have virus loads as high as the unvaccinated, so the antivaxxers might turn the table sand say "hey vaxxer, stay away from me and put on the mask"

Disclosure: I am over 70 with some health problems so I got both shots back in January. But that doesn't mean I have the right to tell young people or covid survivors that they MUST get the vaccine. The whole "antivaxxers are breeding ground for mutations and will kill us all" is kind of laughable. The percentage of people on this planet who have been vaccinated is very small, so mutations will continue even if every American gets the shots. We can't wall off the country from the world.

Hopefully the scientists can adjust and adapt the vaccines, but it looks like this virus is going to be around for awhile. Thanks China!

Last edited by SkBlogW; 07-29-2021 at 08:03 AM. Reason: changed higher to as high as