View Single Post

Old 07-29-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagesff View Post
Hi
I am writing this as a resident and a Villages Firefighter. Bradley Arnold is trying to take away your Fire Department! It sounds strange, but it is what is happening. I am not going to belittle the men and women of Sumter County FD or AMR, but your Villages Firefighters are under attack. We provide you with many services that neither organization will provide. We as an organization do it for less per call than Sumter FD with better manning. Our Firefighters are treated better because the residents care to have the best services. Take a look outside of the Villages and see if there is a difference, I will discuss and or answer any of your questions truthfully and the best I can if you have any. You all need to let The Sumter Board of Commissioners know you want to keep your Villages Firefighters. Sorry this is so long. I know there will be trolls and naysayers and that’s okay, I just wanted you all to know what is going on.
Stay safe
After learning it was Arnold behind AMR getting the contract for ambulance service in the county and reading about their response time I want nothing to do with ANYTHING he is proposing. I have had two emergencies in which 911 was called and it was the fire departments EMT that show up in less than 6 or 7 minutes both times. Granted I live only 2-1/2 miles from our local fire department but I think no one else could come close to the service these folks provide and I ALWAYS remember to thank them when I see them in public.