View Single Post

Old 07-29-2021, 05:01 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
You are correct that allowing illegals to flood the country could be the cause of much of the increase in the delta variant. If the government were really serious about the delta variant they would close the border instead of seeding the country will new Covid cases. While we are vaxxed I respect the right of others to make their own decisions. The NYT recently had a story about the misinformation spread by the government at the top on the virus so we will do what they feel is best for us. A free market of ideas even ones we think ridiculous is best for democracy as it helps to develop critical thinking skills. If we have to rely on censors to think for us we are close to 1984.

Have you actually read Orwell’s 1984 ?

The reason I am asking is that invoking Orwell seems to be a thing now — but I don’t think those who like to throw his 1984 around can possibly have read the book because they have it bass akwards. But that’s a conversation for another time.

For now. . .blaming “news” about the border and about China will not solve the problem that is staring us square in the face. We need to deal with what we can.

Most of the vaccine-deniers are two-legged incubators, walking among us, babbling about their “freedom,” — while they are really just a bunch of freeloaders riding on those of us who have taken responsibility for doing what we can to wage war against the virus.

Boomer — who better get outa here before she tells them what she really thinks. . .

Last edited by Boomer; 07-29-2021 at 05:12 PM.