View Single Post

Old 07-29-2021, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
What you really think may be skewed. Vaccinated or not, it’s been found we all are incubators of Covid19, shots or not with that virus able to morph in our snouts. It may not last as long in the vaccinated but it can exist.

Per poster blueash, (a physician, I believe...)

“The new statement from the CDC reflects the new information on the behavior of the delta virus. Immunized people can be shedders for a period to the same degree as not-immunized people. Thus the recommendation for masks which as you have all been told over and over, do only a little. but not nothing, to protect the wearer and really are meant to protect others from the virus you may be unaware you are shedding.

No one, at least no responsible person who understands Covid, has said that vaccination does not make a difference. It saves lives and reduces morbidity. What it does not do well is prevent colonization with delta virus and shedding.

Thus the recommendation now, always subject to change as new data emerges, is get your shots, both doses to protect yourself from serious or fatal disease. And wear a mask especially indoors to protect others as you may be shedding delta virus even though you feel fine. Wear a mask means cover your nose and your mouth, not just your chin.”

At this point it appears this virus is here to stay and we should get on with living, time is short and don’t buy any green bananas, as they say..
I do not agree with the mindset that I, fully vaccinated, must wear a mask to protect others. Anti-vaxxers, hesitant-vaxxers and even conscientious religious objector vaxxers ( a bunch of hooey if you ask me) can just PROTECT THEMSELVES. They should be wearing the masks in public (N95 or equivalent) to protect themselves. Those who can not take the vaccine because of medical reasons or those younger ones who are not eligible for the vaccine can wear masks too to protect themselves. Anyone not willing to wear a PROTECTIVE mask can just stay home.

The way I see it, anyone who is fully vaccinated is already doing their part to protect others. Vaccinated people have less of a chance of being contagious simply because they are less apt to become infected with the virus. So, there you go. Don't expect me to wear a mask to protect those who refuse to protect themselves.