Thread: Sleep habits
View Single Post

Old 07-31-2021, 09:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
A Bipap Machine changed the quality of my sleep. I feel best between 7 & 9 hours.

When the Bipap Machine was recalled by Phillips Resperonics the amount of sleep ������ went up to about 10 hours and I woke up just wiped out, dead dog tired.

Under the best conditions I have never slept as good as I have since we were fortunate enough to land in The Villages. Maybe it’s the lack of Sirens, Gun Shots and the lingering aroma of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Feels great to wake up feeling like a shiny penny.
I think the lack of distractions you mention is a big dead.

I lived for a while, before I retired, beside the Sun City senior community by Phoenix. Even not being in the community I was constantly woken by the sound of ambulances and EMTs. Sometimes a couple of times a day.

That was one of my fears in moving here. We recent (last 10 years) lived about 15 miles out in the country on 11 acres and had no neighbors. It was PEACEFUL and quiet. We were very concerned that living around a bunch of seniors we would be in for constant Ambulances and emergency vehicles again. We almost decided against moving here because of that.

But, with the combination of landscaping, house construction, location of urgent care, and other measures, I think I have heard an ambulance maybe once or twice since moving here a year and a half ago. It is amazing, with so many old folks, and so few sirens. I expect they also don't use the sirens except where they have to - it can't be that NO one here has heart attacks or other emergencies, it has to be part of the overall design.

I am impressed and sleeping well here.