View Single Post

Old 08-02-2021, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoungs View Post
Just curious: I have never had a dog, and actually have no serious plans to get one (I travel a lot), but, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering: If I had a well trained dog, would it be okay by Villages rules for me to take him in my golf cart to a golf course in the villages, and leave him in the cart as I get out to play each hole? I do know that it would be a mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. My wife is not here with me, so I have no one to leave the animal with.
On what planet in the universe is this true?

MOST people who have dogs have no problem leaving their dogs home for several hours every day. Part-time jobs, or families where each member has scattered hours so the pooch gets to see someone and get their necessary walks mornings, suppertime, and bedtime.

Do you bring your dog into the doctor's office when you get your yearly checkup? Do you bring your dog into the supermarket? Do you bring your dog inside restaurants? Are you one of those people who has a pet, and pretends it's a service animal so you can get around the rules that MOST people have no problem abiding by and respecting, without any harm coming to their beloved pet?