View Single Post

Old 08-02-2021, 08:43 AM
Default Moot point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoungs View Post
Just curious: I have never had a dog, and actually have no serious plans to get one (I travel a lot), but, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering: If I had a well trained dog, would it be okay by Villages rules for me to take him in my golf cart to a golf course in the villages, and leave him in the cart as I get out to play each hole? I do know that it would be a mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. My wife is not here with me, so I have no one to leave the animal with.
Not sure exactly the motivation behind this post. However, I did play Palmer awhile back and a single joined our threesome. He was a very good golfer but did have his dog with him. He did not appear to be handicapped but maybe it was a service dog. In any event, the dog cried while in the cart when he left him to hit. Before the round was over the dog got out and ran around and even was on the greens a couple of times. We mentioned to the ambassador but he did not seem concerned or fazed by it. Not sure if we were more upset about the dog or the fact that he was that much better golfer than us.