View Single Post

Old 08-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
Now that I have moved into The Villages, I have decided on buying a new / used golf cart and the current prices on golf carts are just crazy. The new carts at The Villages Golf Shops are about 15% more than last year, they are offering no incentives and there is no availability. Some new cart's are taking over two months for delivery. When the snow birds come down in a few months with all their money, I get this feeling the prices are just going to increase even more.
Also the asking prices on the used golf cart's sold by individuals are close to full retail. I just can't believe what's going on with inflation. Any suggestions? Thanks
Golf carts here are expensive partly because they are much fancier than the usual golf cart you rent at golf courses elsewhere. On most golf courses outside of The Villages, you don’t need turn signals or LED lights or a speedometer or a sound system or fancy seats or a custom paint job or side curtains. There are plenty of stores within an hour or so that can sell you a new or used golf cart of the usual golf course variety at a third or a fourth of the price we pay for the ones we prefer here. I’m happy to have all of those things, but you can certainly get by without them if you just use your cart for golf.