View Single Post

Old 08-03-2021, 04:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
I am being dead serious here. I have heard over and over what a great place KB was and how people miss it. If it was such a great business all of you that miss it so terribly should invest and bring it back. Go to the developer and present a proposal with investment and financing secured. I truly hope someone with the capital and experience will step up. If no one is willing to step up and put your money where your mouth is then you should probably stop talking about the good old days.

The developer owns the property and has a right to do what is legally allowed with the property. If apartments are allowed I am sure they will be done well and anyone moving into them will know there is music every night. I don’t see a few apartment owners overruling all the businesses around the square to stop the music.
You left out the "business plan" to show why it won't fail again, but ignoring that, I am sure your intent was to provide that.

I think I will add that the "family" has been successfully doing this for decades now. And the place is still growing, still making money, still maintained, still going strong.

I like businesses with a track record and a long-term plan. That seems to be missing in much of American business today - it is all short-term planning.

One of the deciding factors for me in moving here is that I expect based on the track record that my home will continue to gain value and be able to be liquidated quickly and easily when it comes time for our kids to inherit it.

Everyone thinks they KNOW the right thing to do, the family has proven they can make this work.