View Single Post

Old 08-03-2021, 05:06 PM
Location: Lived in MD, SC, DE, PA, VA, CA, Italy, Spain, USNS Comfort & Mercy...moved from New Mexico
Thumbs up COVID "case" meaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALEPQ View Post
Everything we now hear is based on Covid 19 "Case Counts".
Yet, I can't seem to find exactly what the Factual definition of a Covid case is.
I believe it means a positive test result, but then what does that mean?
Is it that you are currently testing positive, or that you were previously positive?
(For the record we got Vax'd. as soon a we possibly could get it, in later Jan.
To this point no known side effects, nor contracting Covid.) Thus, not anti Vax.
Just can't seem to get "The Rest of The Story". Yet, it is an hourly headline!
p.s. DHS has disclosed that over 1Mil. have come across the So. border so far this
year, with a totally unknown number of "Got Aways". They won't disclose how
many of those Illegals are positive Covid cases, nor were they are being sent
all over the country. So what factor are they contributing to the Covid spread?
Not being cynical, but not getting told factual information either.
A "case" of COVID is a positive test for the virus. However, many +COVID people have no symptoms but have been exposed to the virus and have developed antibodies or resistence to the virus. What should be tracked because it's more accurate is, "the number of "+ Covid cases with symptoms." Those are the people who can infect others. Those with a + Covid test w/o symptoms do not infect or cause illness in others.

I think that the mis-handling & reporting of +COVID tests is a means in which to scare the public and is uncalled for. But it is the sign of the times. Stay healthy, exercise, eat well and stay away from sick people is always the best approach during these times.