View Single Post

Old 08-04-2021, 05:46 AM
Bella6368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
I would think apartments right on top of an outdoor music venue is not a good idea for most renters! What I'd be worried about is the same thing that happens when people build houses right beside a race track and then have it shut down because of the noise. The same thing is absolutely going to happen in Spanish Springs. The Villages should get involved when an amenity like a town square is going to be made unusable by allowing residential in a strictly commercial space.
With the growth of TV South of Morse Blvd., maybe TV long term plan is to slowly phase out Spanish Springs as one of the Town Squares. I have heard that Brownwood is now becoming the epicenter of the TV Squares, due to all the growth at that end of the TV. They have after all just relocated their Street of Dreams Sales compound there. Sounds to me like this is the natural path of things "out with the old, in with the new". I agree with some of what was said, but SS sadly has become somewhat a ghost town. However, raising amenity fees is not the answer. You can't keep raising amenity fees to bail out failed business'. There will always be some that will fail, and it is not the residents responsibilities to bail them out so to speak.