Thread: Massey
View Single Post

Old 08-09-2021, 10:13 AM
Default Lawncare

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamilak View Post
Hello! My husband and I are closing in September on our first house in TV! I’ve been on here researching and reading for the past couple weeks. Thank you for all the very useful information.!!
My big question right now is about Masseys. I know that they do pest control for the lawn, but do they actually do landscaping services like mowing, weeding, taking care of the palm trees…
Thank you so much.
You did not say where your new house is located. This makes a difference. Unfortunately, if you are south of 44 you will have Floratam grass. I have been in Florida my entire life. I can tell you from experience floratam grass is very hard to maintain. The chinch bugs will eat it until your lawn disappears. It is not drought tolerant so you will need to constantly make sure it is getting water. The reason lawn cutting services are a poor choice is they go from lawn to lawn spreading what ever bugs or disease that was in one lawn to your lawn. We use Deans for lawn and house insects. But, i maintain my own lawn. If you look in our villa neighborhood you can tell all the lawns that have lawn companies vs the lawns that homeowners maintain. The homeowner maintained lawns look really good. The lawn care lawns are all patches of grass eaten by chinch bugs. If you can, cut your own lawn and use a service like Deans for the bugs. Just my opinion. Good luck in your new home.