View Single Post

Old 08-12-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Here's a case in point: I was playing at Pelican one day. I went there by myself, and was put with 3 other players, all of whom were walking. I was not because I was recovering from a leg injury.
We had a threesome in front, and a threesome behind, all in carts. We were 5 minutes ahead of the time par on the sheet.
On every shot, the 3 behind us were "tea potting" (if you stand with one hand on your hip, and the other holding the club, you sort of look like a tea pot from a distance) us, looking impatient. Eventually the ambassador comes up and tells the two ladies who were walking in my group to speed it up, we had a hole open in front of us. The ladies were visibly upset by this.
I assured them they were, and we were, in fact, fine, being at least 5 minutes ahead of the time par, while walking. Since I had a cart I rode over to the ambassador who was talking to the 3 some behind us. They had in fact complained about our pace.
I explained the situation, and the time par. The ambassador looked at his sheet, explained that I was right, and apologized to me. I gently explained that he needn't apologize to me, but he should apologize to the two ladies he upset. He graciously did so.
I think the 3 guys behind me were not pleased. Too bad. It sucks sometimes to learn that you don't own the world.
Maybe that 3 some should find another friend?