View Single Post

Old 08-12-2021, 06:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,636 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I've played in many fivesomes (our home course allowed it, if they knew you), all walking and playing ready golf, where we were constantly waiting on threesomes using carts in front of us. It really boils down to understanding that - "your place on the course is right behind the group in front of you, not just ahead of the group behind you."
Bully for you. But you are wrong. If you are playing at a reasonable pace, established by the course (i.e. the greens committee, the board, the pro, whoever has been given the authority to establish it), then it doesn't really matter how fast other people want to play.

I don't know how fast your foursome or fivesome play. Doesn't matter to me. If you want to race around in 2 hours, go for it. It has no bearing whatsoever on how fast anyone else should play.
If you are behind me, and pushing me, unless the rules of the course forbid it, I would gladly let you play through. Happy to do it. For reasons of their own, the TV courses don't want us to do that, so, if you are behind me, in a hurry, and I'm on the time par or under it, too bad. You just have to relax and enjoy the day.
Your pace is your pace. It's not my pace, and it poses no obligation to me to duplicate it. Likewise the group in front of me.
As long as my group is good on the clock, we are good.