View Single Post

Old 08-15-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I can think of at least 3 reasons for the increasingly slow pace:
1. Not being "ready"...i.e. gabbing when one should be preparing, and playing
2. Courses increasingly relying on fast greens, and slopey greens to "toughen" the course up as equipment has made the distances less daunting
3. hackers emulating the pros' pre shot routines.

Which of those do you think has the biggest impact on slowing recreational golf down. Or do you see some other issues as well?
It’s 1 and 3 but there are many many others. Continuously searching for lost balls. I don’t think fast greens have as much of an impact, as others think. 8 minute tee time separations. I could go on and on, but it really comes down to being ready when it’s your turn, rather than needing to drive to your ball or find a club or take your 7 waggles snd 3 practice swings, etc. don’t forget glove off and on 15 times a hole and Headcovers on and off 3-4 times per hole. The entire thing adds up. It’s a shame too, because very few do it out of ill intent.

But think about this. If you take just 30 seconds before each shot to align, practice swing, etc and 50 strokes per round (not counting putting which is even slower), that’s an additional 25 minutes to your time.