View Single Post

Old 08-17-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer222 View Post
question- thinking about getting priority membership for wife and I-how do you calculate playing 2x per week paying for itself?
It depends on whether your talking 9 or 18 holes. Also, which wave you play, as there are three different waves during the day with three different pricing structures. During the summer, afternoon wave for nine holes saves you $3.50 for the round with a priority membership. Jan thru April this year would have saved you $8.50 for nine holes (double those amounts for 18). Next, depends on whether you are paying for a single or double membership (although you did indicate a double), and how many courses you want access to. Also, you have to keep in mind your overall budget for golf. Priority members I know seem to ignore the fact that you still have to pay for playing, even if it's discounted. If you take into account, both the first and latter part of the year rates, a priority member is paying an average of $17 for nine holes of golf in the afternoon. A non-member is paying an average of $23 for nine holes, afternoon wave. In addition to that, you now have to pay the sales tax, which adds a couple of bucks, and you also have to add the cost of the priority membership itself. The other thing you need to consider is weather permitting and if you end up with an injury or something else that restricts you from playing. I have a friend with a priority membership who hurt his foot and has not been able to play for the last six months. I've been told there are accommodations for that, but nevertheless, he had to pay the priority membership fee up front (which is about the same amount I pay annually for auto insurance). Lastly, I've been here six years and have never had an issue getting tee time on a championship course without a membership. Not so with executive courses during the height of the season, so I tend to play more championship courses in the winter months. Personally, I did not find the priority membership worth it for me, but that's something you have to determine for yourself....and that's all I have to say about that.

Last edited by PJackpot; 08-17-2021 at 08:25 AM.