View Single Post

Old 08-22-2021, 03:20 PM

As a former town supervisor in upstate NY, I had a problem with the guy running the water system and got heavily involved with the day to day operations. This included getting class B and D water licenses. Ozone is rarely used in municipal systems as chlorine based chemistry lasts much longer in the water. As mentioned in an earlier post, larger water systems usually use chlorine (Cl2) injection since they have the resources to use this material safely. Smaller systems usually opt for sodium hypochlorite which is much easier and safer to store and use. (Though there are still some safety precautions that need to be followed. Basically, it is a concentrated form of the common bleach we all use.)

My guess is that Orlando is using the oxygen in waste water treatment. While reducing water usage in the home would reduce oxygen required for wastewater, irrigation would have no effect. However, most cities use water consumption as an indicator of your water waste generation. (I realize that is not the case here in The Villages.)

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)