View Single Post

Old 08-23-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone View Post
Last year I also was denied because I was not a post member, but a 30 year Legion and VFW member from Minnesota. I had my wife and to visiting friends and just want to stop for a drink. A members only game was being played and outsiders not allowed. Wow, first time ever denied. Vietnam Vet, Agent Orange Issues, 30 year member, denied. I wrote to everyone and now hear same story. They should close the post or change name away from a Vets organization. "Joe's Locals Only Pub" or something.
The game you are referring to is called The Queen of Hearts. It’s played on Tuesday nights. Jackpots have exceeded $300k and twice have come down to the last card. When it gets close to the last few cards and the crowd starts exceeding fire capacity, they restrict it to members only as you have to be present to win. On occasion, you have to stand outside because they are at capacity, and that’s just with members. The Queen of Hearts has raised millions of dollars and funds not only the Post but also supports over 25 charities as well as provides college scholarships. I’m sorry you felt slighted. I simply signed up my family members (vets), so they could come as well. I would recommend you do the same so that you can join in on the opportunity to participate.