View Single Post

Old 08-23-2021, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,559 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
Thank you to those who have responded to my recent post. Yes, I understand the American Legion Post 347 is not associated with The Villages, except, the 7,000 members are primarily residents of The Villages. I totally understand the problems and concerns with the Covid variants and this local Post's ability to make rules to protect their members. My point is the attitude in which they present themselves to visiting veterans. As mentioned earlier, I am a past commander of a post in Illinois and have no intention of changing, even though I am a permanent resident in The Villages. As a veteran with 35-years of service in the Air Force, I enjoy the comradery of veterans around the world. I have always been welcomed in Posts I visited, but Post 347 does not provide that feeling. I've cooled down from Saturday's post, but I do not believe I will ever walk into this post again. The gatekeeper was rude and condescending. And if they were really concerned about Covid-19 and its variants, the bartenders would have had masks on and social distancing would be required at the bar and tables, which it wasn't. Having observed a double standard gave me an unwelcomed impression. I am sure a large percentage of their members would concur this policy does not serve in the best interest of the Post. Also debatable is the question: does their protocol actually protects anyone from coming in contact with someone who has Covid-19 or its variants? Regardless, I will play by their rules and more than likely never return to American Legion Post 347!
I think I will print this post and send it to the VFW. I have never been there, but I have always been proud to brag it is the largest one in the U.S.

Always ready to tell our hero's who wear ball caps identifying themselves thank you.

I mean it so sincerely.

Remember that. Sir.