Thread: Fences
View Single Post

Old 08-23-2021, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capgeo View Post
Too many rules, many are ridiculous and before you buy in tv maybe you should think it over. Great place for many BUT not so great for others. If you are an avid golfer and are going to use all the amenities maybe it’s for you. I moved here 3 years ago from CT and after renting for 3 months and learning the rules and getting familiar with the area I decided to buy a home about 15 minutes away from tv. When I factored in the hoa fees for many things I didn’t need or want and all the rules I bought a home for a bit more but no rules or hoa. You have a big decision so make sure you weigh all your options. Good luck.
We moved from Connecticut just under three years ago and I told hubby the only way he'd get me to live in Florida AT ALL was if it was in the Villages. Florida is a cesspool. The Villages at least has plenty to do, a beautiful environment, and the whole golf cart to everywhere thing makes it fun. The amenity fee is only $157/month, which is a lot less than the HOA fees everywhere else. With that $157/month I can choose which pool I want to go to, enjoy the archery range, play basketball, take the golf cart almost everywhere, take a dog to the dog park, shoot pool at the tables in any rec center that has them, and join any of over 3000 clubs - many of which are free and most under $10/year to join.

You won't get any of that at a community that has no amenity fee or HOA.