Thread: Fences
View Single Post

Old 08-24-2021, 03:22 AM

There are certain areas that have fences - courtyard villas , verandas, etc. they are prebuilt by the builder and I believe those are the only ones allowed. I have 2 large dogs so I wanted a large backyard. If this is the case with you, search out a corner property. I have close to 1/4 acre. I have a dog door and eventually added a bird cage to my cement patio which also has a dog door. My dogs go in and out at leisure. You will get critters despite the 6ft high fence in your backyard. I have had bunnies and I have had opossums ( both a juvenile and mama) . It cost me $200 to remove the juvenile and mama came the following night and was walking on my wall. I have had hawks sitting on my wall also. My dogs were large ( 60 pounds ) so other than the opossums being aggressive they were fine. I was told someone also saw a bobcat on my front lawn one night right after I moved in 5 years ago. I can hear coyotes in the distance at night. There have been ducks that have gotten lost in the villa area and had to be guided out because the babies couldn’t fly yet. So as you can see, they are still active with wildlife- some predators , some not . My advice- look for a corner courtyard villa ( my home is 2200 sq ft because a added a room and quite large )