View Single Post

Old 08-24-2021, 03:07 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyPye View Post
A second cousin invited me to visit for a weekend in Macon, GA. He is an avid golfer, yet I know nothing of the sport.

Is anyone aware of any golf courses in or near the Macon area that would accept golfer like myself who know nothing of how to play, or even what the basic rules are to play a proper game?

Thank you!

Abby

Don't worry.

Let him choose the course.

Besides. . .

Your cousin, an avid golfer, will not let you embarrass yourself -- or him.

Your cousin will not let you keep on swinging. You can take only so many swings before you pick up your ball and move on. Also, your cousin will not let you take forever to look for your ball if it goes awry -- and it will.

Nobody behind you will be worrying about your inexperience as a player. The only thing they will care about, or even notice at all, is whether you know to keep the game moving.

I assume you are aware that there probably will be a dress code, especially for a better course. And then there are the shoes you will need.

You should be able to find information about golf etiquette to look through before you go.

Enjoy your day. Your game will no doubt be followed by a lovely lunch or dinner afterward. That is the best part.

And, who knows -- you might get hooked on the game.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-24-2021 at 03:15 PM.