Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Barefoot,

I have been hoping that the Dawn would work. I sure wish it had. I know how you feel. When I had mahogany, purple, pink, whatever hair it was awful. I looked like some kind of pathetic middle-aged punk rocker. And I had to go to work with my hair like that for a few days. That was in 2001. The place where I had been going for years had not figured out that I had too much white hair under there to keep using semi-permanent color. I even gave her a shot at fixing it, but she still did not figure it out. So we broke up, after a lot of years together.

What fixed it is that I found the hairdresser that I still have. She had to strip the color out totally. That process turned my hair kind of the color of yellowish cellophane. Then she went back in to return color. First she used Goldwell which did not cover. Then she she hit it with Wella which covered. So you have to get it out and then put it back. Quite a process. My hair must be tough. I was in her chair for hours and we became buddies. I am still intensely loyal to her.

Was this some kind of school where you went? If so, geez! Where in the heck were the teachers?

I know that black is pretty tough to deal with when this kind of thing happens. You might have to get a really cute, really short haircut and then just grow it out. Or if you cannot stand to do this, find the best, most experienced hairdresser you can find and give that hairdresser your life savings. That's what I had to do.

Oh Barefoot. I have been there. More than once. Also had green hair one time long ago. But I did that to myself. I will have to tell you all about that some time (unless I already have).

I wish you the best. Please keep us posted.

Boomer