View Single Post

Old 08-29-2021, 05:56 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,687 Times in 1,784 Posts

GG, I truly cannot understand how or why you got a bee in your bonnet concerning suicides among physicians. Frankly, I found your remark in another thread concerning the untimely death of a loved local physician shockingly callous. Why are you in a snit and verbally jumping up and down about suicides among physicians?

It seems to me that closer to home for you might be the suicide rate among primary school teachers, especially those who teach kindergarten and first grade. The following is from the UK. I do not know the statistics for American primary school teachers.

"Three in four suicides among teaching professionals are primary and nursery school teachers, statistics show, amid warnings it is 'one of the most highly stressed occupations in the country.

The suicide rate among primary school teachers in England is nearly two times higher than the national average, figures have revealed.

Risk of suicide among primary and nursery school teachers was 42 per cent higher than patterns in the broader population of England during the period 2011 to 2015, according to data released by the Office of National Statistics (ONS)."

From: Primary school teachers''' suicide rate nearly double national average, figures reveal | The Independent | The Independent

This was a surprise to me.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 08-29-2021 at 06:38 PM.