View Single Post

Old 08-30-2021, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrunda View Post
Hi everyone - I recently read the posts on the value (or opinion) of using natural gas vs. propane. I have a Charbroil commercial dual gas grill that I want to convert from propane to natural. I have the kit and comfortable doing the work and had a gas line, with shut off valve, installed during our new build. I have a few questions for the group:

- Instructions are vague on the need for an in-line regulator. Is one needed? I was under the impression that a regulator was needed from the gas source (street) to the house. I have gas appliances so I know the pressure is correct for those.
- Is pipe dope needed on the connection from the house gas line to the new flexible grill hose? Neighbor says no. Again, instructions are vague.
- If I decide not to do the work myself, is there anyone out there that does conversions?

Thanks all - appreciate any insight.
I would call the manufacturer and get the correct answers to your questions. IMHO, pipe dope is a few dollars, use it. As for the gas regulator, you need to ask the manufacturer if the EXISTING gas pressure is suitable for your grill. Without knowing the specific details of YOUR installation and those of people providing comments you will not know if the replies are suitable for your installation.